Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
'99 ML430// 2009 C300// 2012 ML350
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
The car is a 1989 190E 2.6. I have two questions. First has anyone ever had the cruise control engage on its own? The only way to get to stop was to stomp repeatedly on the gas pedal (and no it wasn't stuck) the car was actively accelerating. Secondly, where can I get some good info on removing the dashboard top so I can replace the heater vacuum control?? I have the service manuals but they seem to make it sound like a two day job - surely it can be done quicker????

Thanks,

Jim

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
It sounds as if you have a bad cruise control actuator or column switch. Given the haza...

It sounds as if you have a bad cruise control actuator or column switch. Given the hazard that creates, I would have that checked by a service dept right away. Otherwise, I would suggest unplugging the cruise control amplifier, located under the dash, on the driver's side.

As for removing the dash, there is no "dash top" to remove, the dash is a single molded piece. Removal requires taking off the steering wheel, removing the A pillar covers, removing the center console, air vents, glove box, etc. It is extremely time consuming for a DIY. If you are going to attempt it. Consider replacing your heater core, which is only accessible by removing the dash.

· Registered
'99 ML430// 2009 C300// 2012 ML350
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fear not, the cruise has been disconnected, although my service manual pointed to a silv...

Fear not, the cruise has been disconnected, although my service manual pointed to a silver box under the passenger floor mat (Left Hand drive). Is this what you were referring to?

Jim

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
On my '85, the amplifier is under the dash, above the accelerator pedal, but if yours ha...

On my '85, the amplifier is under the dash, above the accelerator pedal, but if yours has been disabled, then it's all good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.