Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 500SL
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought off of ebay..says it works..but i doubt it...is there any test u can do to check that doesnt require installing it? i bought so i can look at one out of the car..so if i decide to have it repaired, i dont have to remove first...how many hours should i plan to remove the old and install the new? where should i check for the necessary vacuum for this unit? i really need a quality manual...where and what is the best manual for such repair items, thanks

·
Registered
1998 ML320, 2000 ML320
213 Posts
If yours didn't work why didn't you just send it in for repair then reinstall it if thats what you plan to do with an unknown unit? If yours is located in the same place as on the later 560's its do-able with out a manual if your handy. It is however a royal pain and will take patience and time. If you never cursed in your life you will begin. Mercedes was cruel to its own service personnel on this one. Then theres the actuator under the hood and its status.

·
Registered
1991 500SL
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Did It So I Can Remove And Replace In One Step.....dont Have To Remove...send Out For Repair...then Install...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts