Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are always worried about quality aftermarket parts. Here's a 5 year old crp or contitech hose on left and 25 yr old MB on right. I will be having local hydraulic shop Fab the entire set with good rubber hose. Point is, be cautious about mid-lower tier fuel hoses.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
In a separate thread (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/2355513-replacing-permanent-fuel-lines.html) I said I was going to either replace fuel distributor fuel lines with conti or crp and clamps, order OEM, or fabricate at local hydraulic shop. this thread makes me reconsider. It looks like all who did replace and clamp a few years ago should check carefully again (Wookie, Stutz, Lucky Mike?). I found a set of OEM fuel lines courtesy of ALydon, but am nervous about how long they have been on the shelf (there are only six left in the country). So, a local hydraulic shop has done this successfully before and that seems like the best next stop.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,939 Posts
In a separate thread (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/2355513-replacing-permanent-fuel-lines.html) I said I was going to either replace fuel distributor fuel lines with conti or crp and clamps, order OEM, or fabricate at local hydraulic shop. this thread makes me reconsider. It looks like all who did replace and clamp a few years ago should check carefully again (Wookie, Stutz, Lucky Mike?). I found a set of OEM fuel lines courtesy of ALydon, but am nervous about how long they have been on the shelf (there are only six left in the country). So, a local hydraulic shop has done this successfully before and that seems like the best next stop.
Thanks for the shout, Stewpot. I'll have a look.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
It looks like all who did replace and clamp a few years ago should check carefully again (Wookie, Stutz, Lucky Mike?).
I keep a close eye on mine that I replaced a while back, the hose (DAYCO fuel injection hose sourced from Summit Racing) still looks brand new and no leaks at all. Last time I took her for a spin to town I noticed a slight gas odor, will be looking closer at that one day this next week but I know it's not the rubber hoses

An update, I went out and fired that mother up without the air cleaner and checked around, no gas leaks that I could see or smell (was leaning towards the EHA O rings, EHA is fairly new, nope, dry as a bone all around). Maybe what I was smelling was just because it's a gas burner just off the road from a 20 mile round trip, dunno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
wooky_chew_bacca
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing