Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
slk350, iridium silver, ash interior,sport, light, sound, airscarf, wood interior,COMAND package
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So sorry if someone has posted on this subject before, but here goes. For the last few days, I have noticed some rattling noise on the left rear driver side and also on the passenger side. I made sure that it is not the seat belt buckle on the passenger side that could have slipped toward the back and made that noise. I also made sure nothing in the trunk rolling around. The noise is intermittent. Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts on this? Will try to find sometimes next month to take car in for first check. Thanks.

·
Registered
SLK 200K
90 Posts
I had a rattling / bouncing noise coming from the rear nearside boot area. I'd tried removing all the tools and things in the boot with no luck. I had to take the car in for a few things fixing and asked them to take a look at that and the roof creaking. When I got it back it was all fixed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have noticed this too. Sounds like a very small rattle/squeak in teh left rear of the car. With all of my other problems, I haven't even mentioned it to the service people yet. I will have them look at it next week when it's in and see if they can fix it.

·
Registered
slk350 on 9/29/04
114 Posts
Yes, I had some similar squeaking and creeking from the left side behind or around the driver door area.
I thought maybe was just the cold weather. and figured I would wait and see till the next time I open and close the roof. It seems to have started since the last time I had it open.

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
I also have a creaking/squeaking sound- it appears below 60km/h when the roof is down, and seems to be coming from the seat belt feeder area. I also have a rattle in the rim of the steering wheel-don't know how easily that can be fixed. Maybe it's just because some of our roads are so dreadful that these things are more pronounced, but nevertheless I'll get them checked at the first service.

·
Registered
SLK350
34 Posts
Yep, me too. It's intermittent and I got rid of it yesterday by taking the passenger seat all the way back and tilting it as far as it would go.
I'll run it down to my dealer next week but you can bet your life that it'll disappear as soon as I get there.

·
Registered
slk350, iridium silver, ash interior,sport, light, sound, airscarf, wood interior,COMAND package
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to know and also sad to know that others are having similar problem [V] I failed to note that it was much more pronounced with the roof down. Anyone had similar problem fixed please share. Thanks.

·
Registered
SLK350
67 Posts
I had the same problem. It's a loose regulator in the door panel and replacing the rivets for the window fixed it. The dealer will take care of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts