Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
CLS 550
888 Posts
what is it you feel the need to be saved from?
I'll answer your question in all honesty and seriousness. I take this very seriously, please respect that on whatever response(s) you or anyone else make. :)

I'll summarize what it is I have faith in and why I have this faith, to answer your question.. (I'm sure you are probably familiar most of this, some may not be though)

I believe we, our planet, and our universe were created by the one and only infinite God. The undeniable complexity, yet completely harmonious nature of everything we know points to creation from this supreme entity, AKA God.

After the fall of man, we were no longer without sin and in turn we became unworthy of God's grace. This led to Christ, who was sent (much later) by God, via the virgin birth, to be nothing other than a loving sacrifice for every last one of us (justice balanced for the weight of our sins). In other words, Christ paid his perfect life for our sins so we may be worthy of entering God's kingdom eternally. Only through Christ are we saved from eternal Hell. Christ will stand at the right hand of God as we are judged and petition to God on whether we knew Him(Christ) in our heart or whether we did not. Only Christ will be heard by God in this matter, and only through Christ will God allow us in His kingdom.

That was extremely summarized and condensed. I have studied Christianity and it's comparison to several other world religions for countless hours. Literally over 2000+ hours, possibly more, I've researched/studied almost every dominant world religion from an unbiased standpoint.. And this ^^, this is what I believe. The reality of Christianity isn't learned however, it's felt in the heart of the believer, and it's an indescribable, realer than the PC in front of you feeling.

Please respect my beliefs. I'm not asking/forcing anyone else to believe them too. I am just answering a question. Thank you.

·
Banned
a device that is designed or used to transport people or cargo.
14,116 Posts
Help me out here ...

I'll answer your question in all honesty and seriousness. I take this very seriously, please respect that on whatever response(s) you or anyone else make. :)

I'll summarize what it is I have faith in and why I have this faith, to answer your question.. (I'm sure you are probably familiar most of this, some may not be though)

I believe we, our planet, and our universe were created by the one and only infinite God. The undeniable complexity, yet completely harmonious nature of everything we know points to creation from this supreme entity, AKA God.

After the fall of man, we were no longer without sin and in turn we became unworthy of God's grace. This led to Christ, who was sent (much later) by God, via the virgin birth, to be nothing other than a loving sacrifice for every last one of us (justice balanced for the weight of our sins). In other words, Christ paid his perfect life for our sins so we may be worthy of entering God's kingdom eternally. Only through Christ are we saved from eternal Hell. Christ will stand at the right hand of God as we are judged and petition to God on whether we knew Him(Christ) in our heart or whether we did not. Only Christ will be heard by God in this matter, and only through Christ will God allow us in His kingdom.

That was extremely summarized and condensed. I have studied Christianity and it's comparison to several other world religions for countless hours. Literally over 2000+ hours, possibly more, I've researched/studied almost every dominant world religion from an unbiased standpoint.. And this ^^, this is what I believe. The reality of Christianity isn't learned however, it's felt in the heart of the believer, and it's an indescribable, realer than the PC in front of you feeling.

Please respect my beliefs. I'm not asking/forcing anyone else to believe them too. I am just answering a question. Thank you.
No offense intended, but which part of that answers:
what is it you feel the need to be saved from?

·
Registered
96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
12,141 Posts
Good luck here with respect for your beliefs on this site.
I am of the same accord (not Honda).
Where I slightly differ is (like the research you have done, I have as well) I think much can be learned above and just the "faith" side and whereas faith in most anything is essential, (even this chair not collapsing) it is far from the only indicator.

God Bless(es).
Aardvark

·
Registered
96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
12,141 Posts
Euro.
""IF"" you think there is an afterlife or life beyond death, you prepare for it, or you play the fool.
""IF NOT"", I guess to you it doesn't matter, and there is nothing to be saved from.

Simple?

·
Registered
CLS 550
888 Posts
Euro, thank you for your respect!

"Only through Christ are we saved from eternal Hell."

Like Aard said, if one believes in the afterlife (Heaven/Hell), being saved from an existing Hell matters. If one doesn't believe in an afterlife at all, then being saved from a Hell one doesn't believe in is irrelevant.

·
Registered
ML500, special edition, CLK550..
179 Posts

You can be the good cop I'll be bad cop..

·
Banned
a device that is designed or used to transport people or cargo.
14,116 Posts
Euro, thank you for your respect!

"Only through Christ are we saved from eternal Hell."

Like Aard said, if one believes in the afterlife (Heaven/Hell), being saved from an existing Hell matters. If one doesn't believe in an afterlife at all, then being saved from a Hell one doesn't believe in is irrelevant.
So then, if you give up this construct of god, hell and all, then there is nothing to be feared or saved from. Simple solution.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
CLS 550
888 Posts
Good luck here with respect for your beliefs on this site.
I am of the same accord (not Honda).
Where I slightly differ is (like the research you have done, I have as well) I think much can be learned above and just the "faith" side and whereas faith in most anything is essential, (even this chair not collapsing) it is far from the only indicator.

God Bless(es).
Aardvark
Thanks Aard,

I don't rely on faith alone, and I've gone much further and deeper into learning/educating myself (like you) than I would assume most people have. We're called to do so. Knowledge in God, the Bible, and even other world religions is essential to the 'armor' of a Christian. However, through the years of studying I've done, it's only reaffirmed the faith I have and made it so much stronger. It all starts with faith and at the end of the day it ends with faith alone.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts