Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I noticed yesterday in relation to my creaking roof. It may not apply to anyone else, but I thought if I posted it, it might help someone.

I keep the mesh wind breaker on all the time, even with the hood up, cos its a real nuisance to take on and off all the time. My passenger seat was pushed back as far as it went, which meant that the top of the headrest was pushing against the wind breaker, making a terrible creaking noise, which I thought was the roof!!

Sounds simple, I know, but it had me stumped!!

Hope this is of use to someone else.

Angela

Ps, my title states that it is 'partially solved' cos my roof still squeaks in other places. I have noticed that this only happens when it is raining, or the car has just been washed, ie when its wet, obviously(!). A lot of other people claim they have no probs with squeaking roof at all, and I suspect that could be those of us who do not drive the car in the rain, or who come from dryer countries. I would be interested in other comments on this. I come from N Ireland, so you can guess how much rain we get!!!

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
I had a rattle noise too, i think it had something to do with the seat belt at first hitting the door, but keeps coming from the passengers seat when driving. Its a dam pain in the ...

·
Registered
S280 SLK350 A200
132 Posts
My roof squeaks and creaks, but intermittently with no consistent precipitating factors. Tried to locate source but it remains elusive.
Rusper

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 LE
240 Posts
Haven't really driven much with the roof up since I bought it. But the few occations I have, I did not notice any creaks or pops.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
41 Posts
I really haven't any noise problems. I don't use the wind screen at all. With the windows up and the Airscarf on I don't need it. After all it is a Benz and I don't expect squeaks and rattles. I'd take it back, pick up a rental, and have them address these issues[8D][8D][8D]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
joyfulheart - 3/20/2005 10:59 AM

My roof is squeak free, no rattles or squeaks to speak of yet. A bit of wind noise from the top of the window, thats all.
ditto[:)]

·
Registered
2009 SLK 55 AMG
966 Posts
using rubber or vinyl protectorant on the rubber parts that surround the roof when it opens and closes removes the squeaks and creaking on my slk320. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2007 SLK200
1 Posts
Angela,
I too have an creaking noise behind my right ear. It is ok on smooth surfaces but really annoying on anything else. It seems ok when the rear small window is lowered an inch or so, so I suspect it is something to do with that. I have cleaned it and waxoiloed it. No different. I use the car in dry weather only. It is only wet when I wash it occasionally. I think it is worse in warm weather. I too live in N.I. Check out that window.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts