Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey crew, long time no post. I got one for you guys to figure out. I get this creaking noise everytime I hit the brakes. I know it's not the shocks because I go over speed bumps and don't here anything. I don't think it's the tailgate because it sounds like it's come from the rear but underneth. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2001 ML-320
33 Posts
Try this.
Check where the torsion bars attach to the body. There are little plastic pieces there that sometime crack and will cause a creaking noise. If your car is under warranty MBUSA will fix for free. If not then try lubrication on the connection point.

Dave

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Torsion bars.

Mine stopped after being lubed.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,474 Posts
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 4/21/2005 11:58 PM

Torsion bars.

Mine stopped after being lubed.
Mine (the one I got rid of last year) did same but after a few weeks the noise came right back. The bushings really should be replaced. How long ago were your lubed?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Silly question. Where is the torsion bars? My 98 ML320 just started making the creaking noise, although it sounds as though it is coming from above (the roof). Do any of you guys have pictures of the bushing that needs to be replace/lubed?

Thanks

·
Registered
98 ML320 / 06 S2000 / 12 E350 BTC
856 Posts
Searching is fun!

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1204082&posts=6&hl=torsion+bar

Go to this thread and this will takecare of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts