Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Cabriolet
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did a search but didn't find any threads with my issue. I have a creaking noise coming from my right rear on the 95 cabrio. Took it to my mechanics and we got it up on the hoist but couldn't reproduce it on the hoist.

When I am going up a curb at an angle or when turning slowly I can hear it, seems like its coming from inside the car. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,821 Posts
Dried out sway bar bushing link would be my idea. Easy and inexpensive part to replace.

Jayare

·
Registered
1995 E320 Cabriolet
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sonovagun, the noise can now be heard going over some cracks in the road and dips in the road. Will change those stabilizer bushings since they are cheap.

·
Registered
1988 "Zender" 300CE Coupe, 2009 Renault Koleos, 2007 Kia Rio Sport
3,189 Posts
I bow to Jayare's wisdom and advice.
Mine would have been more like :

Jack it up at the back, grab 2 cans of Selleys Lubricant/RP-7 spray and go wild !
Spray everything in sight like a tomcat on a night out !!!!
Suspension bushings,springs you name it - it got sprayed !

No more creaks and groans !

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's probably either sway bar bushes, or the big bush of the lower controll arm. Spraying stuff on it to make it stop making noises is no fix. If it creaks - it's time to replace. :)

And just to make sure; did you check for play in the wheel bearing? :)

·
Registered
1989 300E 125,000 miles, 2005 Acura TL, 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited
201 Posts
Creaking

I bow to Jayare's wisdom and advice.
Mine would have been more like :

Jack it up at the back, grab 2 cans of Selleys Lubricant/RP-7 spray and go wild !
Spray everything in sight like a tomcat on a night out !!!!
Suspension bushings,springs you name it - it got sprayed !

No more creaks and groans !
My noise came from the left rear sway bar bushing where it attached to a control rod. I took the joint apart and sprayed everything and the noise stopped about 9 months ago. Will need to reapply at some point in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts