Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
as you may be know i am a tower crane dealer in malta and i erect and dismantel cranes but i found this link on you tube and i realy want to share this with you guys because i was thinking that i was a bit crazy on cranes that are high but these guys from france are more :eek:
just wright down on you tube (Moderator update:- just hit the underlined link)
completely crazy climbing on a tower crane

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
5,856 Posts
that made my hands sweat and my hair raise on the back of my neck.

geeeezzzzzzz Darwin Awards just come natural to some people.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They clearly know the risk involved. Scary are the folks that naively venture into danger without such knowledge: Avalanche risk to sledders and skiers, scuba newbies, unbelted drivers, donor-helmetless MC riding, booze and velocity activities and so on. Darwin Awards belong to the ill informed.
When I walk through an airport with my skateboard in-hand folks often question my sanity (47 yr. old sk8r) but with a snow board it's never an issue. As Clint said so well: "A mans' got to know his limitations"
My buddy is a firefighter in Newark and the stories he tells me make my hands sweat.
Sad is when a Darwinian recipient takes out the innocent ones.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I'm OK with people who will cliff jump 300 feet to the end of a bungie cord attached seconds before by a couple of untrained Mexican locals who were smoking pot all night the night before, or other moronic equivalents. What gets my ire up is the folks who then need to be rescued at the cost, expense, and risk of life of others. The late Steve Fosset was famous for creating an adventure to agrandize himself that required armies, navies and volunteers to rescue him, all at taxpayer cost. Even in death he repeated this feat with a massive search and rescue operation necessitated by his failure to take appropriate precautions for a low altitude reconnaisance trip. God rest his self-centered soul.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Believe me, as a rescuer we generally look foreword to working, as opposed to sitting around the station bored. It sounds a little sick I know, but a good day at work, unfortunately involves others to not be having one of their own. What gets me is when people doing arrogant and or idiotic things hurt or kill innocent others, it is really sad to see that.

I just can't believe how someone can dangle themselves from a crane like that untethered. It really does raise the hair on the back of you neck, doesn't it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
burqueDOKA: Albuquerque eh? I use to own a house on Comanche. My buddy Jim had a buddy in town that owned a 404.1. I cannot remember his name at the moment but his truck was pretty much stripped down as I recall, flat black, about ten years ago. Jim now lives in Nicaragua.
I had lots of fun in that city. He use to rent rooms to the hottie-University chickas and those mud wrestling parties where a hoot!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could be him. I'll have to ask Jim. I was living in Germany at the time and seeing his rig inspired me to buy a couple. They use to 4-wheel just east of the Interstate Hwy. on your way east, through the pass, heading up toward Tijeras. I wish I could have found decent employment out there. I really liked that State. Michigan is too flat in my region.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yeah that sounds like KC. That area you speak of (beaver town) has tragically been closed down now for a few years. It is a really big loss to this area. It was a really fun area to go wheel. You can still get out there (with a mog at least), but it is a bit of risk to get caught and ticketed.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I know we are getting a little off topic here, but as far as I know KC sold his business and maybe even one or both of his Mogs, I'm not sure. I did see his diesel on the exchange a while back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts