Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S320 CDI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Could someone point me in the right direction with this one. On my 2005 W220 the drivers door mirror wont move up or out. If folds in and out correctly but the mirror part itself just points the wrong way when its out.

I'm pretty sure the switch is fine as the passenger side is working correctly. If I press up and out, I can hear motors whirring but it moves in the wrong direction, if I press right it goes down and if I press up it does nothing.
I'm hoping its something simple.

I did a search and found a post from back in 2005 with a user with the same problem but there were no answers.

Help.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
The mirror snaps into place. You might check the Mirror links and videos in the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky at the top of the W220 forum page. It discusses how to remove and replace the mirror glass, and that should help you get it snapped back properly.

·
Registered
2005 S320 CDI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Skylaw.

I managed to get the cover off last night, the mirror was fine, no damaged wiring that I could see either.

I guess the next thing to do would be replace the assembly. Which doesnt seem too hard a job to do looking at the gasket videos.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
2005 S320 CDI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm posting an update incase anyone in the future has a similar problem.

I managed to get hold of a replacement mirror assembly.
To test it out I unpluged the motor on the mirror attached to the car, and pluged the loom from the car in to the new mirror. Tried the switches and the same problem happened.
Then I stripped the door control module out and pluged in the new mirror assembly, and it worked flawlessly.

I think that means that Its a loom issue, however the replacement mirror wont auto dim and doesn't have the ground light so its going back.

Does anyone have the pinouts of the connectors for the door mirrors? preferably at both ends where it goes in to the DCM which I think is 10 pin and the 8 pin one that connects to the motor.

Thanks

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts