Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's alarm is acting up. It often goes on for no apparent reason, no one even close to the car or other rf/if signals generated nearby. Mostly happens within a few minutes of being armed, but that is not a rule. Sometimes happens after its been parked for hours. Went to the dealer, who attributed the problem to faulty keys. Ordered new keys for me which I received yesterday, problem persists. Problem happens even if I turn off the anti-towing feature. This is driving me nuts! Has anyone had problems like this before? Any ideas what could be causing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 C-320 Silver
14 Posts
I have the same problem now. I can't lock the doors and arm the car because the alarm will sound. Is it a fuse?

This car is like a chick....too complicated!! :)

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
it could be a number of things. the front sam handles the alarm so if the front sam is staying awake after you arm the car it could be activating the alarm sometimes. could be a fault EIS

·
Registered
2001 C-320 Silver
14 Posts
Thanks for the input. Funny thing, this morning, all is ok???

Don't know why or what happened, but I have the MB dealer looking into it. Yesteray, we had slushy snow and i recall getting hit with it from semi trucks. It went all over the hood, windshield....pretty much covered the whole car in slush. I wonder if a sensor from under the hood got wet snow on it?

Here's the events;

I got a malfunction message saying "display malfunciton" and my fuel gauge was on "E", but i had 3/4 of tank. But the car still ran good. After tryting to trouble shoot why the message came on, i shut the car off and armed the car. Then shortly after, the alarm was going off. My remote didn't work, i couldn't disarm it or unluck with the remote. So, i took out the mechanical key and unlocked the car manually. The alarm shut off. I still had the message. 1/2 hr later, the remote worked, malfunction gone, and i thought i was clear. Until i armed the car, then 10 seconds later, the alarm kept coming on, only when i armed the car. So, i left it unlocked the whole night.

This morning, drove to work, everything seemed normal. Armed the car, no alarm yet!! Maybe i'm losing my mind??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts