Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 SL500
516 Posts
The upside is you will get a new hood liner when you replace the hood :) Give some details of the accident.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have/had a brand new hood liner. So no win there. : ( Anyway, it was in the city (SF to non-californians), getting on the bay bridge. I rear ended one of those old volvos. barely a scratch on him (actually a cracked tail light and a creased q-panel), meanwhile I obliterated the sl. Figure new HID, grill, hood, bumper, hydraulics and pneumatics severed, pass side seat heater not working, radiator busted, check engine light, no power steering etc. etc. Nearly a total at 10 mph, believe it or not. My gal wasn't wearing her seatbelt and got a bruised knee (looks tie dye) and bit her tongue. No one hurt other than that. I knocked the volvo into the car in front of him but dude took off. Luckily cops didn't come. Wasn't drunk, and I'm a big guy so the little DMV handout says I can have a couple, but you never want to find out via breath test. Anyway there were probably about six cops within 100 yards of me due to the bridge retrofit but the crash was practically silent. I just paid volvo guy a couple grand to not go through my insurance. He kind of shook me down but whatever, he didn't pull that neck and back crap so he's cooler than many. Car was still driveable (albeit with no PS and an instrument cluster that looked like a bingo sign) so I was able to get it off the bridge down some construction roads and get it towed without a lot of hastle and pissed off people at four in the morning. I'm an idiot and ain't looking for sympathy. I'm tempted to go AMG kit but this is already costing me quite a bit. I don't have the bread of your ave. SL600 driver. Especially not now lol. Anyway car is in the shop now getting fixed so all should end well. I was thinking about doing a gost outline around the raised part of the hood. Think it would look mean in a slightly darker silver than the brilliant silver the car is now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts