Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1967 250 S (sold) 1986 560 SEC 1987 560 SL
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SRS light comes on and stays on. Did my forum search, no luck.

If I understood the owner's manual correctly, if one turns the key to position 1 and the SRS light comes on (no other dash lights are on) then the crash sensor is malfunctioning. Meaning the airbag or seat belts would not be causing the light to come on. This is my situation so I replaced the sensor (used) but the SRS light still comes on.

I would appreciate any ideas... Do the sensors generally last a long time or do they need refreshing/rebuilding like other electronic modules?

Best,

John

·
Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
6,740 Posts
I find this thread interesting as my SRS light is on too.
I do know that the wire connector under the drivers seat on
mine is disconnected but I'm too lazy to see how to plug it in.

Hope you find an answer.

Carl

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find this thread interesting as my SRS light is on too.
I do know that the wire connector under the drivers seat on
mine is disconnected but I'm too lazy to see how to plug it in.

Hope you find an answer.

Carl
Does your SRS light come on when you turn the key to position 1, indicating crash sensor problem, or come on at position 2 indicating seat belt or airbag problem?

thx,

John

·
Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
6,740 Posts
John,

Switch position:
0 = OFF
1 = no SRS light
2 = SRS light lit
3 = SRS light lit

Carl

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
John, you replaced the gold box under the Console?
Roncallo pointed that out as the crash sensor to me last week.

Have you checked that the Air Bag connector has not come loose?

Carl

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
John,

Switch position:
0 = OFF
1 = no SRS light
2 = SRS light lit
3 = SRS light lit

Carl
Thanks Carl! I was mistaken about the key positions; mine's just like yours... yes just replaced the gold crash sensor and checked airbag connection. Maybe we'll find a solution...some day...:)

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone! Maybe can get some help here. SRS light stays on...2018 GLE350, Crash Sensor code, B piller, passenger side. Trying to find out where inside the B pillar and what this sensor looks like? Cannot clear SRS light without removing/replacing crash sensor. Any help would be appreciated. Ultimately need the SRS light message off. Check indicated B pillar, passenger side Crash Sensor code.

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
31,990 Posts
Hi everyone! Maybe can get some help here. SRS light stays on...2018 GLE350, Crash Sensor code, B piller, passenger side. Trying to find out where inside the B pillar and what this sensor looks like? Cannot clear SRS light without removing/replacing crash sensor. Any help would be appreciated. Ultimately need the SRS light message off. Check indicated B pillar, passenger side Crash Sensor code. Car had damage on passenger side
You might want to try a forum that deals with your vehicle. The newest R/C107 is almost 30 years older than yours and so is the technology.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts