Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody tell where crankshaft Positioning Sensor is located in E210 V6 eng? My car is 2001 model.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
I did one specifically on opening the hood vertical and locating the crank sensor...on exactly your year and engine. :)

It too is in the stickies...

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Does anyone know if my model year take single connector sensor or dual connector one?
It is supposed to be tied to your engine serial number. if you can't find a vin decoder, you could ask the dealer for the serial number. Then relay that information to your parts vendor (and keep your fingers crossed that MB's records are spot-on ... there are anecdotes about them not being perfect.)

Or, to me the easier thing to do, is to just unplug yours and look at the clip. then you know for sure ... and you've also learned how to get at the sensor. ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just wanted to thank all you guys for the help. I just got it repaired with part I paid $69 plus shipping charge. Repairing was not hard at all. Dealer wanted $460 for the job I could do in less than 30 minutes.
Thanks again, guys.

·
7,943 Posts
I had experience the CPS failure in Los Angele's area; The car did get me back home-500miles, but the part failed completely two weeks later, yet a couple days before the failure I ordered the OEM part from Autohaus.

In the pinch of my complete car failure I needed the part instantly-The car failed on high traffic road. I was towed home. Purchased the part(at Autozone), and Installed it, from breakdown to up and running in a scope of three-hours.

I bought the CPS at Autozone, and they stock it. I carry the OEM one in the car just in- case the Autozone one fails, the Autozone part carry's a two-year warranty.

Just remember in a pinch Autozone has the part and it works fine...

I paid 50 bucks out the door for the part at Autozone, and 43 bucks at Autohaus

Martin

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
I just wanted to thank all you guys for the help. I just got it repaired with part I paid $69 plus shipping charge. Repairing was not hard at all. Dealer wanted $460 for the job I could do in less than 30 minutes.
Thanks again, guys.
It's things like this that make me a contributor here.

Glad you got it worked out, Raylee. Have a great Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check Codes,
One does not know how much you can appreciate the helps until you run into a situation like it. It is money plus. You have very nice Thanksgiving also.
By the way, I have another issue, that is in my car climate backlit light is gone and at night it is dark. I need to change lamp but I don't know how to ply open the display cover.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
^^^ Actually you don't pry off the cover, you remove the whole cluster. The bulbs screw in from the back. I'd recommend just taking a count of all the different colored bases and ordering a complete set. otherwise you'll be removing it several times as they fail, and the clusters are finicky enough that I don't want to pull mine more than I absolutely have to.

You need the little hook tools to remove the cluster, I'm pretty sure there's some information in the stickies that will give you a hand with that. You can get the tools on ebay.

Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts