Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S430V
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I had installed my bluetooth telephone system into my 2002 S430V about a year or so ago and I sometimes have connectivity issues between the puck and cable. I have the puck secured in place with heavy duty mounting tape and the cable secured as well with the tape. I used to use velcro but it didn't hold the puck in place as well as the mounting tape. I have been reading the telephone write up that Skylaw had completed and was considering that maybe the cradle is a better option than the cradle eliminator cable. I was hoping to hear from users on the forum who have tried both and can say which one has provided better overall quality.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,214 Posts
There are two cradles - a V60 and a slightly larger V60S. The V60 puck fits the V60S cradle better. The smaller V60 cradle sometimes has problems making proper contact.

Have you checked your connectors for dirt or crud? I haven't seen any problems reported with it, prior to this.

Also, I wonder if the tape you're using on the connector might be pulling it downward, breaking some contacts (a problem I had with an iPod installation with a USB cable in my wife's Lincoln)?

·
Registered
2003 S500
3,218 Posts
I have had connection problems between the cradle and the puck. I cleaned the contacts repeatedly, and applied Stabil (a very expensive and generally effective contact-enhancer), but the phone continued to fail randomly. Eventually (a few weeks ago) the little springy arm that locks the puck into the cradle broke.

I used some good-quality black electrical tape, stretched tightly length-wise over the two, to secure the puck into the cradle. The phone has worked very well since. I hope that the tape will prove to be a viable long-term repair...

·
Registered
2003 S500
3,218 Posts
I am not certain - there is no visible label on the puck or cradle and I am not willing to disassemble the pair, since it is now working.

Based upon what I have read in Skylaw's excellent info, it is most likely that I have the V-60 cradle and puck.
"If you have an ’03 or an ‘04 model with an OE phone installation, (except the ’03-’04 E Class and the ’04 S-Class) you are home free. You should already have the V60 “Autosense” PSE, and the V60 cradle."

·
Registered
2002 S430V
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went ahead and bought a V60S cradle to replace my cradle eliminator cable since I feel that it will be a better overall experience. However I need to find a template for when I drill the holes and am wondering if anyone can scan a template and send it to me or if they a know a source of a pdf version of the template so that I may print it out.

·
Registered
2002 S430V
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to start a new thread asking about the cradle template since my question for this thread has been answered.

·
Registered
2009 ML 350 4Matic, 2000 CLK 430
77 Posts
Hey all, curious on the Long term of your connection issues. Did the tape and securing of the puck correct the issue for good?
I have the v60 puck for many years now and still, no matter what I try (cradle
Eliminator, v60 (s) cradle , I’ll lose voice or sometimes people can’t hear me. I’ve tried cleaning connections many times - still an Intermittent issue.

Believe I narrowed the specific connectors causing the voice loss to the one’s towards the right end of the puck.

·
W220 Moderator
8,384 Posts
This thread is 8 years old and OP has not been seen since 2014 .......................................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.