Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 MB SLK 200 Komp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the both side mirrors I saw cracks in the direction sign plastic cover. I notice this during washing (saw humidity effects inside). Does someone have the same problem? Does someone know how to change them?

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
I have the same problem, I am guessing but if you tilt the mirror as far as it goes you may be able to slide the mirror out and be able to get at the lens cover from the inside. Its the same system as the C and E class so someone must have the answer.

gary

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
I have had this problem; I found my car like this one day, (left side only) and took it straight to the dealer. It was obvious that it hadn't happened through contact with anything, and they replaced it under warranty without question. I suggest you make your dealer the first port of call!

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
I found cracks in both mirrors last night, took it to the dealer who, as usual, denied responsibilty, so I am out a substantial amount. There is no way that any one came near my car, the only thing left is to take it to bed with me..... Because I am so careful, I only drive it form work to home and never park it any where!

If it happened to others, then it must be fault of some kind. Total cost including labor is 145.00 USD. Next time, I will take a microscope with me before I sign on anything!

·
Registered
2005 MB SLK 200 Komp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I claim it to my dealer and they told me that they will replace both of my lenses without any cost because it's still in the warranty period. So I do not understand why your dealer will not do that, I mean we talk about a MB which you have to pay a lot of money to get one. If I was you I will write the head-quarter and tell them about this. I'm for 100% sure that it's a batch production problem.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
homealone - 6/27/2005 9:45 PM

I have the same problem, I am guessing but if you tilt the mirror as far as it goes you may be able to slide the mirror out and be able to get at the lens cover from the inside. Its the same system as the C and E class so someone must have the answer.

gary
Nothing like it .........

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had condensation in both door mirror indicator lenses and also one of my headlamps - all were fixed under warranty - (stripped down and resealed).

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Well, the dealer here has a monoloy, meaning, if you don't like it, then tough S**T! I will have to eat up the cost on this one, the dealer service rep promised to "search" for other warranty incidents and advise me accordingly, we'll see....

Lesson to the wise, go over your car with a frickin microscope....

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
Took my car to the dealer yesterday they changed the indicator lens under warranty (stone chip) took 20 mins. What more can I say, my dealer (SG Cardiff) is getting better at customer relations, I will buy another car from them.

gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts