Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends 99 clk 320 stereo is a POS. While we are listening to music it starts making a crazy crackling sound and then just stops and then might come back on 20 seconds later. Whats the matter with this car? Some audio guy told him he probably needs a new changer, but I don't trust that guy. Please help.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
15 Posts
My car is the same

My right side speakers do that noise too. I hate it. It usualy only happens when I play the music low, and it happens like twice a day. I hate it. I think I have a loose wire. I am gonna take apart the door this week. I will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
2000 E320 4Matic Sedan
151 Posts
I had the same issue in my W210. I sent the BOSE amp to a repair place (Factory Car Stereo Repair) in Florida, rec'd it back with two channels dead, sent it back, weeks later they finally returned it with the same original problem, crackling left front. They already have my money so I am petty much stuck.
I need to pull the panel and check the speaker and connections when time permits.
The problem with these guys was the statement that they would check the amp and only service it if it was at fault.
Clearly it is not the amp as after the "Service X2" it still has the exact same issue.
Just FYI,
Thanks,
Ron Y

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6, 1990 300SEL, 1992 300SE, 1992 400E, 1987 190E 2.6 murdered by my brother.
1,291 Posts
Had this crackling problem with the factory stereo on a 1991 300SEL and a 1993 190E 2.6 one as well. Turns out on the 300SEL it as a connector that was loose on drivers side door speaker. After we tore the door out to fix the handle that broke we saw a loose wire and connector. Plugged it back in to the speaker firmly and no more crackling noises! For my 190E it was the amplifier wire that connected to the back of the factory Alpine stereo. It was loose and hanging there in the jumble of wires and Im sure it worked itself loose over the years and with bumps the plug would contact the radio slot it should be plugged in and I would hear crackling or popping. Cleaned it with contact cleaner and cleaned the hole it plugs into as well. Now my music is crackle and pop free which is awesome but the best thing is I have more bass now out of my front door speakers which I thought were blown. After all these years!!! They come back to life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts