Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1994 S500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i went to spend some time at a friends. A few hours later i just happened to walk outside and notice there's a foot long crack in my 94 s500's windshield. I have no idea what it could be from and im extremely pissed about it. I don't know if it could be from kids playing catch with a baseball or what, the shape really doesn't add up. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to have it replaced?

BTW its up for sale too if anyone lives in the area and may be interested.
1994 Mercedes Benz S500

Nothing drastic is wrong with it i just can't afford to fix it if something goes wrong.

Thanks for the help!

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
I think Eddie has few used ones, contact him.

·
Registered
1995 S420 19" giovanna's, tint, in-dash tv.1986 mustang LX supercharged 4 eyed pride~
437 Posts
my deductible is 150. I think I might just pay it. But not until the damn road construction is done on my local highway.. There are so many damn rocks flying around it would not be nice to have to re replace it.

·
Registered
1994 S500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell me bout it. I think that may have been the cause, Michigan gravel trucks, then a temperature change. Not fun.

Also i have PL and PD, i don't think i will have it covered but its always worth checking.

·
Registered
A Few
1,418 Posts
Safe lite did mine for $325. Excellent job too!
How is your windshield holding up nowadays?

My sister dun goofed this afternoon and manage to give the 300SE windshield a foot long crack, making my parents furious for obvious reasons.

I was gonna check the junkyard or local part outs for a replacement windshield, but I'll give safe lite a call and see how much they're charging.

I read stories from other MB owners with good success on safe lite windshields so we'll see.

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
their glass is fine (and by fine i mean looks fine but chips like mad, if i go by safelites in my other cars over the years). it is the installers you have to worry about. don't let them touch the car before giving them a 150page interrogation.

·
Registered
2003 S55 AMG Kompressor
361 Posts
Even more difficult is the rear window. If it is not fiited EXACTLY the trim won't fit and the only option is to remove it and do it again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts