Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My low coolant light has come on twice since I got my new waterpump. It takes a while for it to leak enough for the light to come on so I don't think it's something serious. When I pop the hood with the engine running, every few seconds there is a little bit of smoke that seems to rise from the bottom of the front of the engine. I thought maybe a hose is cracked and slowly leaking coolant onto a hot surface and smoking up? Is this an accurate assumption? The engine runs fine, temp is normal. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, I noticed a hose that droops down underneath the car on the passenger side a little bit behind the end of the transmission. It is about an inch in diameter. It droops down in the middle a couple inches from the chassis. Does anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
95 E320 Cabriolet, 140K
1,332 Posts
If you have access to shop air, try pressurising the system with about 15-20 psi, no more. This will hopefully cause it to leak with the engine off (and cold) so you can find exactly where it's coming from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts