Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic - sold, 2007 R350, 2006 cls500
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my 2000 E430 with an '05 or '06 CLK. My question is, do you know if dealers will transfer certified pre-owned cars between dealerships? I bought my wife's R class from a small dealership that doesn't have a lot of cars, but I'd like to keep working with them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG CABRIOLET
58 Posts
I was in a similar spot last year. I was looking for a 2005 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet, not too many of those available. My local dealer had none, but some dealers a few hundred miles away had inventory. I asked them about getting one from another dealer. I was given a flat out no because "Not all dealers inspect their CPO cars the same". They said they didn't want to be in a position where they got the car in from the other dealer and it "Wasn't up to their standards". So in my case no.

Fast forward to a year later....I drove about 200 miles as I found one at a dealer in the color/options I wanted. It was pouring the day I went there to make a deal. So I didn't get to throughouly go over inspectiong the car in the rain. I made the assumption that since it was a CPO that the dealer went over it with a fine tooth comb. Boy was I wrong. I have had to fight with the dealer to get some things fixed that they either overlooked, or the car was just never inspected period (It was pretty new 2005, with low miles 19K). My guess is they just slapped a CPO sticker on it and put it on the lot.

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic - sold, 2007 R350, 2006 cls500
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - I was afraid of that. Any dealer has to honor the warranty to 100k miles though, right?

L

·
0 Posts
Btw, something to remember also ............if a car has CPO certified and you bought that car from a non-Mercedes dealer. The CPO is consider voided because the contract said it can only be transfer from owner to owner NOT dealer to dealer (this only apply to non-Mercedes dealer). But here's a way to avoid all that hassle, DON'T tell the Mercedes where you bought the car if you bought the car from a non-Mercedes dealer. There's no way they can find out unless you told them.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG CABRIOLET
58 Posts
the "extended" warranty is also a bit misleading. you get the standard warranty 4 years / 50K miles, and MB extends the warranty for 1 more year but only on "Major components". the extended part is NOT bumper to bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts