Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
Hope you all are doing well with this nasty virus going around. Since we all have to stay inside, here is a question from me.

I have a CLK 230k from 2000 and before that i had a w203 from the same year. With my c class, when i unlocked the car, the car would light up the fog lights when it was dark outside until you opent the driver door, then it turns them of. Now that car had a "automatic" mode for the lights and my CLK does not have that.

When i unlock my CLK ( at night) the car only blinks the turn signal lights once and 3 times when i lock the car. It does not light up the courtesy fog lights like the C class. i read something about the rear SAM unit. that this was a feature and has not been "unlocked" or activated by the manufacturer because of the land of destination for the car. This means, the same car does light up the fog light, let say in Germany. but cars destined for Belgium for example do not have that feature.

I also tried looking into the preferences with the steering wheel controls but could not find anything about the light. On the C class you can change this with the steering controls. Maybe it because my CLK has no Automatic mode for the light and cannot detect if its dark or not. IDK.

Maybe one of you guys know something or 2 about this "feature" of about the SAM module and how you kan get into the settings.

Let me know guys! realy want to fix this. it is bothering me lately.

Stay Healty ;) peace!

·
Registered
1999 W208 CLK320
397 Posts
Hi there, on my CLK320 when I unlock the car the interior lights illuminate and the indicators flash.

I live in the UK if that helps, you didn't mention which country you're in.

Outside courtesy lights would be a nice feature, but I just get the pool lighting when I open the door.

Stay healthy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello guys,
Hope you all are doing well with this nasty virus going around. Since we all have to stay inside, here is a question from me.

I have a CLK 230k from 2000 and before that i had a w203 from the same year. With my c class, when i unlocked the car, the car would light up the fog lights when it was dark outside until you opent the driver door, then it turns them of. Now that car had a "automatic" mode for the lights and my CLK does not have that.

When i unlock my CLK ( at night) the car only blinks the turn signal lights once and 3 times when i lock the car. It does not light up the courtesy fog lights like the C class. i read something about the rear SAM unit. that this was a feature and has not been "unlocked" or activated by the manufacturer because of the land of destination for the car. This means, the same car does light up the fog light, let say in Germany. but cars destined for Belgium for example do not have that feature.

I also tried looking into the preferences with the steering wheel controls but could not find anything about the light. On the C class you can change this with the steering controls. Maybe it because my CLK has no Automatic mode for the light and cannot detect if its dark or not. IDK.

Maybe one of you guys know something or 2 about this "feature" of about the SAM module and how you kan get into the settings.

Let me know guys! realy want to fix this. it is bothering me lately.

Stay Healty ;) peace!
I have a 2004 CLK and usually access the the courtesy lights you have mentioned in the settings menu under 'lighting'. The menu will also give you an option for how long you need the lights on once you unlock your car via remote key in the dark.

·
Registered
1999 W208 CLK320
397 Posts
I have a 2004 CLK and usually access the the courtesy lights you have mentioned in the settings menu under 'lighting'. The menu will also give you an option for how long you need the lights on once you unlock your car via remote key in the dark.
Thanks for the post ChandaCLK, but I think your car, being a 2004 model year, will be the W209, rather than the W208. The original W208 dates back to 1996/7 and mine is the updated version, but still dates back to 1999 (though there were later minor modifications).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there, on my CLK320 when I unlock the car the interior lights illuminate and the indicators flash.

I live in the UK if that helps, you didn't mention which country you're in.

Outside courtesy lights would be a nice feature, but I just get the pool lighting when I open the door.

Stay healthy.
hey, im from belgium. i think this is a feature for some counties. some have it, some dont.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the post ChandaCLK, but I think your car, being a 2004 model year, will be the W209, rather than the W208. The original W208 dates back to 1996/7 and mine is the updated version, but still dates back to 1999 (though there were later minor modifications).
This is right, the "menu" is also different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts