Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 SEL
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what's going on. my power seats work when the door is OPEN , as soon as i close the door NOTHING. I saw a post about this problem and they said is a fuse like thing in the fuse box (black piece with two pins on it, can be opened and there's a resistor inside) replaced that and still NO movement with doors closed. Any ideas? Second I'll be changing my Trans. filter. when i dump the old trans fluid how much qtz does it take to fill the tranny up? and last you can see my car if you click on my name (benzoboy) and go to galleries. Thank you[^]

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My 1980 had what was called a "courtesy" circuit. Open the door and the windows/seats would work before you put the key in. Seems like that function is working in your car but not the main circuit with the key turned to run. Checknot only the fuses but the proper relay and if all else fails suspect the ignition switch - they die too.

·
1991 500SEC sub 50K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 150K mi. 2018
4,280 Posts
Hi benzoboy,

Another consideration, especially if your car has relatively high miles, is the L/F door wiring harness (flexes every time the drivers' door is opened & shut) has a break in a wire or two. The break usually occurs between the door & L/F A post (or door jamb). Intermittent @ times and will drive one nuts trying to figure out just why you cannot close the L/f window after paying the toll..........

Seen that one several X on our 2 current H/Miles Valvos - (320K & 185K miles respectively).

[:)] MBL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts