Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain how to make a hyperlink? I know how to in MS Office and such but I can not seem to find the way here.

Also, to what end can we use the "Code", "HTML", and "PHP" coding buttons?

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,416 Posts

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HTML is disabled, you must use standard BB tags. For a hyperlink:

Remove the period from [./url] (inserted to disable the code) and you get:

[url=http://www.germanstar.net/]Mercedes Benz Parts, Mercedes Parts, Accessories

The easiest way to do it is to click the hyperlink button direct above the text box while posting, then insert your URL.
Ok cool.

What does PHP do? As well as the other two (HTML and CODE) If HTML is disabled that is. Also what kind of Code would we put in the forum box?

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HTML is disabled, you must use standard BB tags. For a hyperlink:

Remove the period from [./url] (inserted to disable the code) and you get:

[url=http://www.germanstar.net/]Mercedes Benz Parts, Mercedes Parts, Accessories

The easiest way to do it is to click the hyperlink button direct above the text box while posting, then insert your URL.
Germanstar thanks. How can I insert text for the hyperlink? For example, if click on the "Insert Link" Button on top of the box here and put in "www.benzworld.org" it comes back with "Mercedes-Benz Forum." What if I want to put that address in the page but have it say "Click Here" instead of "Mercedes-Benz Forum"?

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,416 Posts
PHP is a programming language. Don't give it another thought.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,416 Posts
Germanstar thanks. How can I insert text for the hyperlink? For example, if click on the "Insert Link" Button on top of the box here and put in "www.benzworld.org" it comes back with "Mercedes-Benz Forum." What if I want to put that address in the page but have it say "Click Here" instead of "Mercedes-Benz Forum"?
Enter your URL, preview the post, then change the link text to whatever you want by comparing your entry with the preview.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,203 Posts
TNT, alternatively, you can type the words you intend to be the link. In this example, we will use the word "link" in my previous sentence.

• Highlight the word or phrase that you wish to be the link.
  • Click on the
    icon.
  • Insert the address of your link.
  • Click OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts