Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tackled the rear passenger seatbelt presenter gear and rear window problem in my 87 SEC the past two weekends.

Bought the aluminum replacement gears to replace the trashed fiber OEM gears in my seatbelt presenters. Also, both of my rear windows have come loose from the U-channel mounts that bolt to the regulators. Got tired of having to keep re-seating the rear window so tackled both jobs.

No real issues to the job. Followed the manual for getting the rear inside panel off. The seat belt presenter gear change was not that difficult. Getting the glass out and removing the u-channels was not too bad either. I used two part Permatex epoxy glue to reattach the u-channels to the window glass - messy job. I was careful to create a measured template of the original placement of the u-channels (based on the glue footprints). Let the glue dry overnight and re-installed all parts within two hours this morning.

No issues and now both the passenger seat belt presenter and rear window work!

I will tackle the driver side next weekend and take pics of the process.

Anyone needing direct advice on the jobs, e-mail me.

Added pics of the presenter and window, the big coupe, the wife's SL and the 1961 220SEb W111 coupe show car. (can you tell I only like 2 doors?)

Al Lydon
Atlanta

Attachments

·
Registered
89 560sec, 83 300sd turbo
435 Posts
AHH it must be spring! I need to do my presenter on the drivers side. where did you find the gear to make the repair?

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Performance Analysis Company. George Murphy 865-482-9175. $59/ea. M-F 9-5 in Tennessee.

Spring in Miami? That was two months ago when it went from 75 to 85 degrees.

Al Lydon

·
Registered
'91 560SEC
940 Posts
more pics of the W111 show car please!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts