Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 C300 Sport 4matic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put the standard mercedes star(the hood one that sticks up) on the coupe? I know the mounting points are slightly different but people have gone from the star to a flat badge and was wondering if it is possible to go from flat to standing.

·
Registered
2014 C300 Sport 4matic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

I decided to just go for it and see if it works. The star is only $18 on parts.com so not much lost if it doesn't. If I get it to work I'll post some pics. Does anyone know how the flat emblem detaches? I looked and didn't see any screws or anything.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
Bump

I decided to just go for it and see if it works. The star is only $18 on parts.com so not much lost if it doesn't. If I get it to work I'll post some pics. Does anyone know how the flat emblem detaches? I looked and didn't see any screws or anything.
I installed the flat emblem on my sedan----so I would think it would be possible to revers it, as in your case.

I pressed it into the hood and pounded with a rubber mallet----so to remove, I guess you would simply pry it off, of course with a rubber tip screwdriver (unless you're good with touch-paint)

·
Registered
2001 CLK320, 2004 C230 Coupe, 2000 C230 sport, 1998 SLK230
99 Posts
So did you or has everyone does this? How does it look?
I've been wondering about making the change.
I really like the emblem in the grill but I'm more old school because love the look of the hood star.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
If all else fails just take it to the stealership and let them install it for you...backed by 1 year parts/labor warranty and done professionally, and they assume all liability for any damage, etc :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts