Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brief history:

I have a 2012 GL350 and have been having issues with the DPF regen. I finally traced the issue to a failed NOX sensor, which was replaced - but I think I delayed too long in getting the sensor replaced, plugging the DPF to the point where it would not regen and causing the turbo seals the leak (going through about 1 qt of oil every 400 miles). I currently have the turbo off and am installing a new cartridge, and am seeing the strangest oil spot on the top of my engine cover (see attached photo). The weird thing is that there is no oil on the underside of the hood (directly above this spot) and there does not appear to be oil on the underside of the cover, so where is it coming from? Just wondering if I should be looking at anything else while the turbo is off?

Also, I am planning a Liqui Moly DPF clean, and wondering if I can just spray it directly into the exhaust while the turbo is off, or if it is critical that it be sprayed into the sensor hole as the general directions indicate? I presume the instructions suggest this entry point as it is easier than turbo removal, but would appreciate any thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a oil seal that is defected, known to be on earlier models up to 2011. supposedly created a stronger seal in 2012 and up models

1 - 2 of 2 Posts