Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could this be real? any testimonials on this?

claims to not void warranty???

+35horse with mpg gains as well and +20 torque

for under $100

?????(looking for advice on this one lol)

·
Registered
2005 SL500 Iridium Silver/Ash with wood trim upgrade...
87 Posts
I'm assuming a link was meant to be posted for us to view, right? Or are we just deciding based on the description you gave?

Anything that claims those gains for that price is either warranty-voiding in its ineptness or just plain BS. Even the $1500-$2000 ECU tunes don't claim to boost the 5.0L motor that much.

Rook

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
AMG SL55
70 Posts
Googled for some info. about this thing and apparently it's a resistor that gets wired into the intake air temp circuit to trick the computer into thinking the temp is different outside. From what I've read it could do some serious harm to your car, but then again what would you expect from a $90 part that claims to add that much power?

·
Registered
07 SL350, 14 BMW320, 05 SLK and 4.6 MGBV8
745 Posts
Racing cars teams pay thousands of dollars to get an extra 35HP - I am surprised that anyone could consider it can be done for 100!

But then, it was never difficult to sell snake oil, was it! Trusty ebay!

·
Registered
2005 SL500 Iridium Silver/Ash with wood trim upgrade...
87 Posts
But then, it was never difficult to sell snake oil, was it! Trusty ebay!
Oh yes. eBay just allowed the snake-oil salesmen to not have to leave the comfort of their own home.

I love the "testimonials"... "... Can't Stay off the Gas Pedal "- 95 Accord George D.
I'm sure you can't George... in a 95 Accord, you have to beat three shades of sh*t out of the engine just to get it up to 45mph in a decent time! :bash:

Rook

·
Registered
AMG SL55
70 Posts
I love the "testimonials"... "... Can't Stay off the Gas Pedal "- 95 Accord George D.
I'm sure you can't George... in a 95 Accord, you have to beat three shades of sh*t out of the engine just to get it up to 45mph in a decent time! :bash:
Priceless. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts