Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if I could have power seats installed in my car?

What materials/ items would I need to convert?

My volvo and E320 have power seating, and I do like the manual seats, just both front seats take quite a bit of effort to slide back and forth and to adjust the height.

I almost crashed the other day, whilst trying to adjust the back of the seat, rubbish idea of putting the adjuster on the side.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Long story short : Doable but struggle a lot with that due to parts of wiring, switches, power seats etc..........................Hard to find complete wiring from body to doors & seats most JY had them cut off.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You could, but as said before, it would be difficult. Not worth the effort IMO.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would of course have my friend take care of the work, but I would have to search for the parts.

Is there a way to have the seat tracks lubricated (while in the car) to make adjustment easier?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Some people have sprayed WD-40 or white lithium grease on the tracks and it improved them. I'd take out your carpets before you spray them, though.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
the problem isn't so much as lubricating them...it's getting them cleaned out of all the dust, dirt, and pieces of french fries that have gathered over the years... pulling non-powered seats takes all of like 5 mins...yank them out..clean the tracks out correctly, then relube with a thick good grease and reinstall.. if you have everything you need it will take about 30 minutes per seat..

or you could by my 93 2.6 with working power seats and have a good parts car in the process

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be nice to have a parts car, there are way to many vehicles at my house! :thumbsup:

I do not have Access to "regular" tools, only tools availible: pliers and a philips and flat head screw driver. No wrenches.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
ive done it to 3 cars its easy to me.. with your interior stripped itll take a day

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do not have to adjust my seat frequently but, sometimes I will if I feel uncomfortable, whenever a different passenger gets into the car, they seem to have a struggle when adjusting the seat, and myself as well.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today I purchased some White lithium grease and WD-40 and cleaned the seat tracks very well, applied the grease and the seats slide back and forth easy and height adjust is easier as well.

I think I will stay with the manual seats on this car for now.

Thank you everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts