Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not wanting to start a oil flame war here, but for those interested in a great deal on a good oil.

Costco is having Chevron Delo400 15W-40 diesel rated oil on sale. $45/case. 5 case limit. That's just under $2/quart for a high quality MB approved oil.

Comes in case containing 6 1gallon bottles, enough to do 3 oil changes.

This is the preferred oil type for all W124s and was used by MB at the factory on all engines (gasoline & diesel) up through at least model year 1995.

I bought the full 5 case (120 quarts) limit since all my cars use the same oil, enough for 15 oil changes and I might go back for more.

The sale is on until the end of this week(end).

·
Registered
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's rated for gasoline and diesel duty. It has more chemicals in it to keep the engine clean and last longer than a regular off-the-shelf oil, hence the diesel-duty rating. Delo 400 is MB approved (up through 228.31). If you need more info here is the official link: https://www.cbest.chevron.com/generated/MSDS/PDS2982885.PDF

This is the same grade oil used by MB on every single engine (gas & diesel) for all vehicles made through at least 1995 and perhaps even a few years beyond.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yaaahoooo !!! - Thanks for the tip...I'm on my way to get my 5 cases from my local Costco and will probably drive a few extra miles to the next Costco for another 5...and will probably do the same tomorrow :)

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Folks, oil prices are going down, not up. Oil hit $44 a barrel today. You're seriously overpaying for this oil.

·
Registered
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Folks, oil prices are going down, not up. Oil hit $44 a barrel today. You're seriously overpaying for this oil.
When is the last time you've seen the price of motor oil fluctuate with the price of crude oil??? I haven't. Just goes to show how the oil companies mess with our minds.

Enjoy the low gas prices for now, they're not going to last.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
When is the last time you've seen the price of motor oil fluctuate with the price of crude oil??? I haven't. Just goes to show how the oil companies mess with our minds.
Where do you think motor oil comes from? Oil hit $40 a barrel today - equivelent eventually to about $1.50 a quart for premium motor oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts