Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. im about to buy a c43 but after doing some research, i read that the c36 and c43 look different. how? i always thought they look the same. i also read that the c43 is not much faster than the c36 and the c36 is more rare than the c43. now it makes me think twice and i am thinking of getting the c36 instead. power to me is important but if the c43 has more power than the c36 at over 100mph and if the c36 really does look better then i would rather have the c36 cause i dont really go over 100mph anyways. can someone give me some links to some detailed pictures that can show me the body differences between the c36 and c43? i am just going to lower the car and slap on the 18' amg 2pc wheels and thats all. thanks for your time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...C43 has a larger and deeper front air dam, larger fog lights,and sculptured side and rear skirts. Overall, the C43 looks more rounded and less blocky compared to the C36. You can get pictures and facts on web (goto Yahoo and type in C43AMG...there is one site on Geocities that is dedicated to both C43 and C36!)<br> From what I can remember reading prior to my purchase of a C43 (Road and Track, Car and Driver, and both C36 and C43 MBZ Brochures), the C43 is slightly faster than C36 by approx 1.5 sec to 0-60... production numbers are the same but I read that C43 is more sought after because it has 302 hp compared to the C36's 285?...<br> Last things you should know is that C43 is more advanced than C36 since ESP and Brake Assist are standard on C43... C36 has 4 piston brake calipers, C43 has 2 pistons--(braking distance are shorter for C43 since it has Brake Assist), C43 has internal radio antenna, C36 has antenna stubble on rear 1/4 panel,C43 has larger and thicker steering wheel, and I noticed that C36 is lower in height compared to C43--(maybe due to lower hanging side skirts and front air dam)... I maybe biased, but I love my C43!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I truly agree, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.<br> I am a proud owner of a C36. No doubt, I love the power of the C43, but I really don't need the extra 30 hp (especially when my commute is always on a grid-lock). I've had more MBZ owners compliment the C36 body kit rather than the C43 and C32. The body kit on the C43/C32 are all similar to the body kits MBZ are putting on their S, E, CLK class. Now a days its hard to tell whether they are real AMG or just regular MBZ. The C36 body kit has to be the finest kit, especially with the awesome rear bumper (where the exhaust tips are the only thing showing). If you notice, the C43/E55/S55/CLK55, the entire muffler from the back is showing (not very pretty). FACT: There are more C36 body kits sold than the C43's. <br> <br> All in all, all AMG's are truly the best on the road.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 1995 C36 as well and I must say in my opinion visually, the C43 is a yawner. I have so many compliments on the C36 styling, as it remains contemporary, even to this day. It truly stands out among the conservative styling of current AMG kits. As for 0-60, they are just about dead even, due to the weight of the V8 (I believe there is, on average, a .1 second difference). After that, the C43 takes over. I have a chip in mine that allows me to beat the C43 to about 70 or so by a nose. The chip cost me all of $350.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts