Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Any idea if these wheels I got with my 1998 E230 are original ones that came that year?

Thanks, Al

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Welcome aboard, Al. Please take a minute to click user cp and edit details to add your vehicle details and location to your profile, it's often useful information when you're seeking assistance.

It's hard to tell from the picture (a specific picture of one of the wheels would help) but the wheels on your car do not appear even to be genuine MB, much less OE on any model of W210, regardless of year.

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,983 Posts
I believe Al is in Iceland. :)

As for the wheels, they do not look familiar at all.

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard, Al. Please take a minute to click user cp and edit details to add your vehicle details and location to your profile, it's often useful information when you're seeking assistance.

It's hard to tell from the picture (a specific picture of one of the wheels would help) but the wheels on your car do not appear even to be genuine MB, much less OE on any model of W210, regardless of year.
Thanks for your help. I suspected this as well, that these wheels weren't original either.

A friend of mine is selling MB wheels that he claims are original. What are you thought on that having this pic in mind:

And yes, I'm from Iceland and will update my profile at first hand. :cool:

Thanks, Al

·
Registered
'97 E320 Avantgarde, '66 W108 250S Graphite Grey project, '66 W108 250S Arabian Grey
7 Posts
Hi Al, it almost looks like a copy of a Merak wheel - standard fitment to my Avantagrde?

Cheers

Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
'04 W211 E240, MY10 W204 C300
825 Posts
'98 230's would have come with 15 inch wheels.
There were 8 hole, 10 hole and steel wheels usually standard.

The original wheels in the O.P.'s picture wheels look like Avantgarde optional wheels from a W203.

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your help here guys.

Well, I've decided to upgrade to 16" wheels and have the opportunity to buy a set of the following wheels for a reasonable price.

Which one would you buy in my shoes? :)

·
Registered
'97 E320 Avantgarde, '66 W108 250S Graphite Grey project, '66 W108 250S Arabian Grey
7 Posts
The second one from the top looks like an original W210 wheel.
The second from the bottom look like needing a re-furb!
Check to make sure that they have the correct offset - depending on the width of the rim this can be from approx 33 up to 41.

I would probably choose from the top 2, the others I don't think suit W210 :)

Cheers

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I'd pick what would fit the car best. ;)

I'm curious why you are swapping out yours? They aren't OE but I think they look fine.

The bottom ones I've seen on a W210 and they look okay (but check the offset as those were mounted on two chassis, neither of which was a 210). The second one is IMHO one of the ugliest wheels MB ever bolted on, not to mention they are a pain to clean with the brake dust. The third ones are from an ML and will not fit without serious spacers. The top ones are kind of boring and dated.

I guess what I'm saying...in my opinion, unless there is something wrong with your current wheels, I'd pick the ones you have on there over any of the others in your picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts