Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport Sedan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

Recently, my c300 has been giving me the correct tire pressure message. and it shows different numbers each time. the warnings go away within 30 seconds but come back often...

what should i do?

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
First thing I would do is to get a good tire pressure gauge and check the actual tire pressures the old fashioned way to verify the validity of the message. Then according to the manufactures recommended tire pressures or your personal preference, adjust the pressures if necessary, reset the system which is easy and covered in your owners manual and go from there. If the warnings return you will probably need to drop by the dealership to discuss. PS Keep in mind when adjusting tire pressures its important to consider whether or not the tires are warm or cold!

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
955 Posts
First thing I would do is to get a good tire pressure gauge and check the actual tire pressures the old fashioned way to verify the validity of the message. Then according to the manufactures recommended tire pressures or your personal preference, adjust the pressures if necessary, reset the system which is easy and covered in your owners manual and go from there. If the warnings return you will probably need to drop by the dealership to discuss. PS Keep in mind when adjusting tire pressures its important to consider whether or not the tires are warm or cold!
+1

The easiest thing to remember is to check the pressures first thing in the morning before driving anywhere. The heat buildup from using the tire will raise the pressure. If the pressure is low, remember how low it is versus what it shows on label on the driver's door jamb area. Then, when you reach the gas station, add that amount. Of course, by the time you reach the station, the pressure probably will be higher, but still add the difference you saw when you measured it cold.

Also, tire pressure will change about 1 psi for every 10 degrees Fahrenheit the weather changes. So, if there are seasonal changes for you, be sure to keep that in mind.

BTW...how's it going with the transmission and manual shifting? I see there are a few things in your dad's garage likely with a stick shift...ask for some lessons and then the manual shifting on the C Class will make even more sense!

·
Registered
2012 C350 Coupe, Palladium Silver,
426 Posts
Yes, use the old fashioned pressure guage when cold.

While cold, set that as the reference, then add any to meet the proper pressure level at your air station. Be sure to set the default BEFORE you put air.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone! :)

Sportstick:

it's going well! manual shifting is really fun to use and im learning more about my car as i drive it more.

haha part of the downfall to having a dad with that many cars is he's not usually around at home to teach me that kind of stuff :(

+1

The easiest thing to remember is to check the pressures first thing in the morning before driving anywhere. The heat buildup from using the tire will raise the pressure. If the pressure is low, remember how low it is versus what it shows on label on the driver's door jamb area. Then, when you reach the gas station, add that amount. Of course, by the time you reach the station, the pressure probably will be higher, but still add the difference you saw when you measured it cold.

Also, tire pressure will change about 1 psi for every 10 degrees Fahrenheit the weather changes. So, if there are seasonal changes for you, be sure to keep that in mind.

BTW...how's it going with the transmission and manual shifting? I see there are a few things in your dad's garage likely with a stick shift...ask for some lessons and then the manual shifting on the C Class will make even more sense!

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
955 Posts
thanks everyone! :)

Sportstick:

it's going well! manual shifting is really fun to use and im learning more about my car as i drive it more.

haha part of the downfall to having a dad with that many cars is he's not usually around at home to teach me that kind of stuff :(
Well, he must be quite successful at what he does for a living...I am just about exactly 40 years older than you, but, way back when, I had the same situation with my dad. You seem to be doing well nevertheless......Anyway, I'm out here in the "flyover" state of Michigan, but with so many forum members in Southern California, maybe one near Anaheim with a 6 speed will pm you to arrange a meet-up to give you some tips. Anyone out there want to help a nice young MB enthusiast try out that 3rd pedal?!?!?!:wave:

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
Me: 2010 Black MBZ C300 Sport Sedan
Sister: 2010 White MBZ E350 Cabriolet
Mother:
2008 Windsor Blue Bentley Continental
2005 White MBZ E55 AMG
2007 Silver Toyota Sequioa
Father:
2009 Storm Gry Bentley Continental Flying Spur
2003 Black Rolls Royce Phantom
2004 Yellow Lamborghini Gallardo
2002 White Lincoln Navigator
2008 White MBZ S63 AMG
2009 Red Ferrari California
2004 Blue Toyota Camry
2005 Porsche Cayenne
And more. My family loves cars... Wow!!! Just noticed the impressive list of vehicles in the garages!!! You have got to learn how to drive a stick with those machines available. If your dad is not too protective and the Ferrari is a 6 speed were talking pure nirvana! If not the Lambo would not be so bad!! Enjoy man!! PS Im a native of socal myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha i really want to learn. i honestly don't think it should be that hard to learn, but we'll see...one day i will :) but yes, if anyone is local to the anaheim hills area, PM and i might be interested!

@767Driver:

dad is VERY protective over all of his cars...somehow i've still managed to drive every one except the phantom and ferrari ;) those are next, once i decide im not too scared.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Its VERY easy after a little practice. It's also a lot of fun, especially where you live. There are some incredible driving roads out there! I'm actually coming out to visit my family this week. I'm sure your dad won't mind if we borrow the Ferrari for a few minutes!!HAHA Happy Holidays!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts