Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.6 125K - Run good, but. My idle is erratic, I've cleaned the idle control valve. Here's what happens - as engine warms up the rpm stays high, doesn't kick down automatically. What I end up doing is typically something like this: Coming to stop light - shifting into neutral, stepping on pedal to rev up, then engine will kick down and the idle speed will settle in at about 600. I can't figure it out - why isn't the idle automatically settling down? Why does shifting into neutral cause the idle to surge upward? Anyone experienced this and found the cause?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, did you ever get a good answer to this question?

Mine has the same problem. Every summer, right at the hottest time, it will actually die when I stop at stoplights or even when I slow the car rapidly. However, when the peak of summer is past, the problem usually goes away.

One thing I've noticed is that using the highest grade of fuel usually lessens the problem. Anyway, if you or anyone else knows a good answer to this, let me know!

·
Registered
1992 W124 300ce sportline , {1992 W201 2.6 (totalled) }
395 Posts
mine also stopped 2-3 times .. hard braking and the engine would die.. would like to know what the problems is and the fix.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts