1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
That'll get us by for about a month and a half...and it'll make them, what, nearly $100 billion in the process? Any questions?

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many days consumption does that equate to for N.America?
@ 20 mil bbls a day that works out to 50 days. Doesn't sound like much, but the proven reserves tend to increase once production starts, and it seems like in the end they get ten times as much.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
66,897 Posts
Someone needs to alerts the greenies and the animals lovers. This is not sustainable for the defenseless creatures and the happy trees out there.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
All we have to do now is to wait for trickle down economics to spring in action.
The word trickle makes me think I'm getting pissed on.

Oh wait, its not just me.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone needs to alerts the greenies and the animals lovers. This is not sustainable for the defenseless creatures and the happy trees out there.
Don't worry, they're all dead now.

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
How many days consumption does that equate to for N.America?
USA burns 18 mBbls/day. That's about 2.5 months worth of fuel. Combine that with ND (300Bn bbls) and some smaller finds around the NGOM, Alaska, and the east and west coasts of conus and that's a fair bit of oil for the next few decades.

This gives the USA a bit of space to develop better alternatives then freaking corn and solar panels. I read an interesting article in Science this week about a new experiment to come on line over the next year or so involving pelletized hydrogen for thermonuclear power. This is in parallel to the French-led research involving magnetic containment. Having a few decades of room to develop thermonukular is a blessing.

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
I think they're more interested in the other type of green...
I sure hope so. The promise of wealth and glory is a huge incentive. It's difficult to find more than a handful of inventions in the past 3 centuries that didn't offer the opportunity to be showered in filthy lucre. I can't think of anybody who declined it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts