Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used it? What instructions should i follow? I have two containers of it and want to use it on a new acquisition soon. Where can I find instructions for using it -- there are none on the container!

·
Registered
68 280 SEL, 89 300TE
906 Posts
Citrus cleaners work really well on a lot of things, but I wonder if the citric acid would be safe for all of the aluminum components? Speaking from experience with old aluminum heads like on my w108, i would be leery of using anything that could expedite corrosion, especially on aluminum radiators.

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps I should have mentioned that the citrus flush is an official Mercedes Benz product.

·
Registered
95 E320 Cabriolet, 140K
1,332 Posts
Aluminum is damaged with alkaline chemicals, not acidic chemicals. I don't know the procedure for using the citrus flush, but I imagine it would be the same as with Prestone Super Flush or other such citric acid products.

I believe you first flush out the old coolant and charge with a mixture of water and citric acid in the cooling system, then run the car for five minutes at temperature before rinsing out the flushant and recharging with proper coolant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts