Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
s55 amg, slk 230, e55amg, E63amg, 450slc
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my R170 (SLK230) 1998 with 30k miles, started overheating. I replaced thermostat, drained and replace coolant but still the car overheats. So, I replaced the cooling fan module but still did not solve the problem. BTW the radiator icon on the dash lights up on and off. The electric fan runs when I connect it directly to the battery. I have gone through the forum searching for similiar problems but I could not find a solution to solve the problem. Could the coolant temperature sensor be defective. I am hoping that someone in the forum could help me solve this problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
07' slk 55
11 Posts
are you sure you burped the coolant system of air completely. Set you car to defrost mode, and unbolt the reservior. Use a pry bar or something to sit it up higher. This allows the air to escape by making the reservior the highest spot. Also depending on mileage, your water pump could be trashed or radiator stopped/partially clogged. not to mention possibility of popping a headgasket from over heating originally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts