Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello i want to change my coolant here in Australia Adelaide
my 1999 w202 c180.
it currenlt has a slight brown yellowish clear colour.
i want to drain complete and put new coolant
can some pls tell me if i can use a blue coolant 325.0 MB aproved.
many thanks in advance

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,077 Posts
Hello i want to change my coolant here in Australia Adelaide
my 1999 w202 c180.
it currently has a slight brown yellowish clear colour.
i want to drain complete and put new coolant
can some pls tell me if i can use a blue coolant 325.0 MB approved.
many thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum.
Click on 'Forums' on the top toolbar, and from the drop down menu scroll down to W202, the correct forum for your car. I already copied your thread there.

Here in US, the original MB coolant fluid is made by Valvoline and almost clear in color. Their Zerex G-05 is said to be the same fluid with some yellow coloring.
I have read before, that Valvoline AUS makes the same coolant but in blue or so coloring.

Mercedes coolant systems have plastic parts (like the top and/or bottom of some radiators + more), so the regular blue or green stuff like Prestone is a no no.

You need to do a little bit of research. In the meantime, on W202 click top right 'Search this Forum' followed by clicking 'Advanced Search.'
In the left column under Keywords, type 'coolant,' checkmark off search topics only, or search entire posts on top. Make sure you clicked corresponding 'topics' or 'posts' on the bottom as well. That should get you everything from the archive.
Also on W202, there is a 'google special search box' top right.

It also would be a good idea to complete your profile (as seen to left of each of your posts) with location (AUS) and car mod (W202).
Daimler Benz made different versions of same mod/chassis cars for different parts of the world. So, to get the correct advice on an international forum, location can be important.
I attached 'how to' for both search and profile

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate. did a search on valvoline here in Australia and lube guide recommends zerex g_48 which is blue in colour

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,077 Posts
thanks mate. did a search on valvoline here in Australia and lube guide recommends zerex g_48 which is blue in colour
Looks like both the yellow Zerex G-05, and 'blue' G-48 are shown here for the same car. They probably shouldn't be mixed. It might be a good idea to drain all coolant, flush with tap water until clear, and drain before adding the correct distilled water and coolant mix. It should say undiluted or pre mixed.

Guess you haven't found your way to the W202 C-class section yet (all the way on top left, where it says 'Forums' with a down arrow).

Btw, the Valvoline US made Zerex coolant was actually G-05 (not Z, my mistake).
Check W126 fellow mod (and banana bender:grin) 420 SE aka Ross sig. He has a OZ Benz link there as well, and ianrandom in UK, in case you are looking at differences to your RHD vehicles. The forum has a good number of AU and Kiwi members.
For parts, autohausaz uses the original MB parts numbers, good for reference, and I think ebay now has warehouses around the world for trans shipping, useful for vendors who normally don't ship internationally.
I understand parts 'Down Under' are quite expensive compared to here.
Cheers

·
Registered
35,664 Posts
The old, pee colored and new blue MB coolants are mixable.
Still at least in US, the pee coolant was discontinued years ago, so yours might be pretty old.
Get few liters of distillate water and flush the system 2 times before putting new coolant.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Mercedes blue coolant 325.0 is the one to use and is reasonable priced at the dealer. Here in SA we can get it in 5 litre or 1 litre containers, then mix with good quality water 40/60 mix.

And change it every 3 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Kajtek1
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing