1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was being an idiot in the car and doing donuts near my house,
When all the sudden a sign came up to take the car for coolant service,
The car temp was high i pulled over let it cool down few mins later it was back at its temp but when i poped the bonnit it was still very hot.
I can tell it needs a bit more raidator fluid,
I checked the oil levels and they were fine.
Is my car going to be ok?
Should i take it to Benz Dealer for check up? i've added more radiator coolant already but havnt driven my car since.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,797 Posts
It should be fine as long as it is topped off.

You did use a MB coolant or G-05 based coolant I hope. 50/50 mix.
I use distilled water to make my mix. It keeps any minerals from creating buildup in
narrow passages and helps keep that expensive aluminium lump nice and happy.

If the service indicator for coolant is still on after it cooled down then I would find out
what is going on.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sign went away after 5mins the car was cooled down,
its not toped off,
I havnt driven the car so i havnt put any coolant in so far but im thinking bout going to the auto shop and either get pre-mixed coolant from them a 1litre bottle, or concentrated coolant, Which would you recommend? Any brand in particular?
And also ill remember to use distilled water if i get concentrated and do a 50/50 mix?

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,797 Posts
Glad the car is hapy again.

As far as the fluid it is your call. If they are not going to use distilled water at the shop
then get the concentrate and make your own mix. Please use the MB coolant or what
we have here called Zerex G-05. It is the same formula and will mix with what is in the
car already perfectly.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright sweet thanks
I went to the auto shop they also said contact mercedes up about the coolant because its not good to mix a foriegn mixture with the one in the car already at times it cant be good for it, just like you said.
By the way my car didnt come with a sub in the rear cabin me and a friend started a project and placed one there,
Wana see it?
11 hours of work and its complete.
Works pretty good too, Can hear the bass inside the car without any rattle withour set up,
Powerful sub though gives you a headache if you have it turned maxed and makes everything shake haha :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts