Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Coleagues,

I've bought a Wis via internet and I'm starting using it.
For may case; W203 C200 Cdi, The program is showing me the following intervals for maintenaince

diesel filter 60.000 km or 4 years
air filter 120.000 km or 4 yeras
Coolant 250.000 km o 15 años is that really possible??????
brake fluid 2 years, not depending on mileage

15 years for the coolant is not too much? The talk about verify the percent y adjustment. We must have 50% pure coolant and 50% pure water.

They even include a formula to calculate the amout of pure coolant to add if the percent vary: you calculate that, remove the same amout from the system and add the same amount of pure coolant again. Say 2 liters for example: not completely renewing, just adding to get the correct the percent which is indirectly the same as correct the freezing temperature (arround -37 C I believe)

At first I thought that was a mistake because 15 years seems to be too much, but they include an Explanation talking about the quality of their coolant and the compatibility with the engine materials. That explains the large interval.

For the brake fluid they keep the classical 2 years for complete renew.

As far as I understand the modern coolant doesn't miss the properties as in the past. I've found some Audis and Volkswagen forums also talking about the all live (eternal) coolants.

May be the the times are really chaging. This is completely new for me, although now I remember how surprised I was when I saw a Mercedes Benz Bill charging me only 2 liters of coolant. They probably had used that formula.

Please send me your opinion: ¿ Would you feel confortable with a coolant for 15 years or 250.000 km?

Regards,
Hansito

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
I personally wouldn't go more than 2 years without coolant flush. I highly doubt within 15 years the vehicle will not have gone over 250km as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If someone keep the official revisions the coolant will never be renewed before that period. The same for the filters and for everything. Maybe is one more reason to say that official revisions are not necessary better than ordinary revision.
Regards, Hansito

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I was told by dealership mechanics that the factory coolant in my w203 is good for 10 years. It's also green, which would mortify my pals over in the w123 forum...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts