Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406/280GE/240GD/G320
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if the 300D motor has any sort of coolant pressure release that is underneath the waterpump?

Also, if a thermostat is faulty, or let's say inconsistant, and it doesn't open, will that cause the fluid to come out from under the waterpump?

It's a new waterpump.

thanks for any assistance.

-mike

·
Registered
2x300D-83
54 Posts
The coolant pressure release is managed by the radiator lid and the small hose attached ...

The coolant pressure release is managed by the radiator lid and the small hose attached to the radiator at the side of the lid. If it´s dripping from the pump, take a look under it. If the water comes from the small hole in the bearing house th pump leaks. Otherwise it might be the pump mount gasket that´s leaking. A small mirror will be useful.

Anders

·
Registered
406/280GE/240GD/G320
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks,

I've changed out the pump and associated seals. After completion I drove the car and it dumped fluids. Then later, I brought up the water level again and it ran fine. So now I'm baffled, becuase I'm afraid it is not consistant. The seal all around the pump is dry as a bone.

perhaps a faulty thermostat?

-mike

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
George Murphy the Mercedes Club technical director says to change the thermostat every 3 y...

George Murphy the Mercedes Club technical director says to change the thermostat every 3 years along with OEM Mercedes coolant and the hoses.

A little of $20 for the Mercedes thermostat.
John Gregg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.