Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 4-Matic
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrible day for me..

1-Wife gets rear-ended by 26' Delivery truck...thank god she is just sore-Cayenne is not so lucky...

2-Land Rover leaking oil-thru oil filter gasket! and left a nice 6' puddle for me to clean-OEM filter w/defective gasket(warped)- Fixed then found #3

3-2001 E-320 leaking coolant!! Thru hose....on bottom left hand side of radiator, thru high pressure fitting. I was changing my oil and saw a little green puddle by radiator under front air dam.

I was(am) asking if anyone knows where to order such hose, or if there is an online source to find part number and order....I will tomorrow go and finish taking apart lower cover, drain radiator and remove the hose, but I would like to get a leg up on some research before. I would take pictures but I am just out of energy.

Any advice is appreciated. I just gave up on today and am hiding out in the basement waiting for a new day!

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Is this a trick question - since for "radiator" hose (not tranny cooler hose) there is one upper and one lower, check for MB trickster clamps and if you have them plan to replace with standard clamps

Mackay from Autohausaz.com

Your Parts Search Returned 2 Part(s)

You can get the Dayco or Gates in 1-2 days special order from any retail autoparts store, I am not a big fan of either brand of hose for my MB's. personal opinion.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,750 Posts
On the right side you have lower radiator hose (60), expansion tank hose (90) and two high pressure fittings for transmission cooler. Wipe it clean and using mirror see what's leaking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 4-Matic
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not a trick question-I have no sense of humor left right now unfortunately. I will be crawling back under there tomorrow morning and I will see what is up. I assumed it was coolant as it is bright green, but oddly enough in the reservoir the coolant is clear, and full.

I am confused as the hose is under the radiator on the drivers side. Is there anything else that would be green? I assume MB trans fluid is red...

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz 1998 E320 - 160,000 Miles Strong
215 Posts
Not a trick question-I have no sense of humor left right now unfortunately. I will be crawling back under there tomorrow morning and I will see what is up. I assumed it was coolant as it is bright green, but oddly enough in the reservoir the coolant is clear, and full.

I am confused as the hose is under the radiator on the drivers side. Is there anything else that would be green? I assume MB trans fluid is red...
Brake fluid is greenish, if you look at my transmission problem thread you'll see greenish too, maybe AC leak?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
The genuine MB or Xerex cooling fluid is not green, it's rather a p**s-yellow with maybe a tint of pink in it.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 4-Matic
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Figured it out.

It is actually a refrigerant line for the A/C. I removed the lower front cover(valence?) and saw the leaking hose fitting is marked with 'R134a' on the hose!

Thanks for the help everyone. A good nights sleep helped out a lot to clear my head.

Once I get a chance I will post a picture.

Wonder why it is green?!

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,750 Posts
It is actually a refrigerant line for the A/C. I removed the lower front cover(valence?) and saw the leaking hose fitting is marked with 'R134a' on the hose!

Thanks for the help everyone. A good nights sleep helped out a lot to clear my head.

Once I get a chance I will post a picture.

Wonder why it is green?!
It has fluorescent leak detection dye in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts