Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Ml55 2002
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Whilst replacing dashboard bulbs noticed my radiator / coolant light bulb was removed. ive inserted a new one and will see what happens.

What conditions need to happen for the ECU to switch on this bulb ? When I first brought the car the fan module had been replaced by a relay / probe, and the aux pump was seized. Im wondering if by having these issues the ECU would of switched on the light.

Ive now replaced all those bits, everything is back to standard, but where as the oil light has 3 functions, was wondering what functions this light covers.

Cheers guys.

Simon

·
Premium Member
ML55 2003, ML55 2002, ML63 2007
4,106 Posts
Coolant level & High suction Fan (including the fan fuse on the battery terminal). Your fan was messed up, thats the reason they removed the bulb

·
Registered
Ml55 2002
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Ive replaced the bulb and it isnt on so all good. Like you guys said, probably removed when the original owner went rogue with a relay and probe.

Simon

·
Premium Member
2001 ML320, 2000 ML430
221 Posts
Coolant level & High suction Fan (including the fan fuse on the battery terminal). Your fan was messed up, thats the reason they removed the bulb
Art, I have a similar problem on my 2000 ML430. The dash bulb was loosened and when I swapped the bulb, the light is on continuously. I do not have a temp issue as the vehicle stays at 80-90 deg C. I do, however, have the secondary cooling fans kick on after it has idled for a while. Very quickly during hot weather when the AC is on, but even will come on at approx 75F ambient temp and no A/C. Is the fuse you mentioned also installed on the ML430?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,766 Posts
Art, I have a similar problem on my 2000 ML430. The dash bulb was loosened and when I swapped the bulb, the light is on continuously. I do not have a temp issue as the vehicle stays at 80-90 deg C. I do, however, have the secondary cooling fans kick on after it has idled for a while. Very quickly during hot weather when the AC is on, but even will come on at approx 75F ambient temp and no A/C. Is the fuse you mentioned also installed on the ML430?
That fuse is installed on ML500 and ML55 with suction fan behind radiator only.
If coolant level is fine. Most likely problem is coolant level switch or faulty wiring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts