Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this from walmart last night.. $30 .. sound quality isnt that great.. but listening to the music that you want whenever you want.. that's what counts.

* VR3 MP3 FM Modulator turns any USB memory drive into an MP3 player
* Plays all of your audio devices through your car stereo system
* Contains MP3 decoding software and a USB port
* Just plug the VRFM7 into any 12v. adaptor, select one of the seven FM Modulator Presets, insert flash memory, and press Play
* Buttons let you advance through songs, control volume, start and stop
* Included audio cable attaches almost any CD player, DVD player, MP3 player, laptop computer, etc. to your FM modulator to hear sound through your FM radio

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
dude I want one

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3579125&cat=129959&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A172481%3A3983%3A96469%3A129959

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
my walmarts got em in stock im gonna go buy one brb :) I'll post a review later today

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hope thats not 1Gig Death, i have a Kaser 1.5 gig, i dont think it's worth getting that big for the player doesnt have shuffle feature.. you always start with the same song everytime you get in the car. and have to press skip 30x to get to song i want .. so i got 2 256mb drive..

btw.. there is a slight "hiss" when stopped (not really noticeable with the top down... quality would be almost the same as what you get from a local radio station.. still worth it..

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
slkpwr - 3/7/2005 12:28 PM

i hope thats not 1Gig Death, i have a Kaser 1.5 gig, i dont think it's worth getting that big for the player doesnt have shuffle feature.. you always start with the same song everytime you get in the car. and have to press skip 30x to get to song i want .. so i got 2 256mb drive..

Ouch...that just ruins the whole thing.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
sounds perfect in my friends truck there is a high pitch hiss I heard it drives me crazy. I hooked my volt metre and It seems to be conflicting with the ground in my car.

I am going to use this for a way different reason other than listeing to music. It has an audio in port and I tested the range and it is about 150 - 200 ft that someone else can pick up the signal. The problem is your not on the correct transmission.

see this link to help me continue.

http://neworder.box.sk/forum.php?did=multSecurity%20and%20Networking&thread=218599

--death

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
You want to fuck with other people listening to the radio? haha...or what's the other use?

I have no idea how to do it...but if it helps, the iTrip on my ipod comes set with only one station. There is software that you can install that puts the other radio stations into the ipod as songs, and if you select that song, it switches to that frequency. I mean....the iTrip is essentially the same thing as your walmart equivelant, so you may be able to get it to transmit different frequencies via software.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
without self incriminating myself call me dj deathy

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as long as you follow FCC rules this is a great idea... I work for a company that does IC .. some of our new application has something to radio frequencirs. Maybe i'll ask one of the engineers about that. Also older RF adapters have manual, analog tuning knob to set the frequency ... that will be easier to set to the frequency that you want than the digital ones.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
Deathy, check this out: http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F014%5F000%5F000&product%5Fid=12%2D2054

Might just be what you've been looking for...and for $15

1 - 13 of 13 Posts