Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 E320
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this may sound crazy but it involves mercedes and its componets if theres another place to post this just tell me ok here it goes

we have this project and it involes cleaning a skylight, the skylight would be flat not one of the curved ones, and the sky light is below a lot of oak trees and it becomes covered compleatly. the clients(who have a mercedes) want to put a mercedes windshield wiper on this sky light and put in a switch to be able to turn it on and off,now some questions

1. water/water source would also be needed.

2. is it even possiable, it seems easy but other factors are involved if any one is really intrested

3.what are all the main componets to the actually wipers, of a new one and the old style single blade wipers,

3/4. cost(doesnt really matter but need to know what and where so can allocate space)

5. and power, how much, would probably need a large converter from 120 to whatever

i know this sounds crazy but i just herd the idea brought up today, and granted someone could just go up there and clean it(my idea) but it gets dirty every day, so has anybody ever taken a wiper blade to a car and used it on some other sort of appaclation other than a car? i dont really know what the response would be to this question but worth a shot, and like i said if it

thanks

·
Registered
82 300 TD
75 Posts
My uncle is an executive with CSX and I rode with him one time in the executive coach th...

My uncle is an executive with CSX and I rode with him one time in the executive coach that they use when they travel. What you may ask does this have to do with your question? Well, this coach, or superbly finished rail car, had theatre style seating that faced the rear of the car. The back end of this car was just one big piece of tinted glass and in order to keep it clean so all of the execs could see where they had been, it had the biggest damn windshield wiper that I have ever seen. It was like 8 feet long if I recall and was pantographed so that it stayed completely vertical as it swept across the window. Being important has it's perks I guess. Anyways, just thought it kind of related to your inquiry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts