Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my Friends

I have problem with E500 ..

we have bad roads and I always have many problems with airmatic system .

I am thinking to convert to manual suspension ..

Can I use E350 manual suspension for my e500 ?

if I can what I need to change them and How much it will cost ?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Cost is from the new suspension parts, rear shocks included plus some labour and version coding the car for "Airmatic not present".

But steel struts fail too (usually more dangerous than Airmatic failure, no signs in advance), you would not get completely rid of issues from bad roads. Have you considered installing Arnott struts instead? I would assume the Airmatic option to lift the car would be specifically important with bad roads?

·
Registered
2009 E63
557 Posts
I agree with DB that you'd lose the benefits of Airmatic on bad roads. Plus an E350 steel suspension would be a worse ride unless you went with much more expensive adjustable coilovers like Motons or something. But then the availability for an E Class would be the issue.

Airmatics smooth out bad roads and as DB says you have the lift option. Without knowing the actual specifics of the "many problems" you've been having, or the year and mileage, it possible it's nothing more than the usual issues found on older cars with mileage.

In the end I'd have to say you'd probably be paying more for a (complex) conversion of adjustable coilovers then if you replaced the air bags when needed (and with the Arnott struts.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts