Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 600SL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an experience replacing the convertible top on a 1993 600SL with a non MB original top. When I mentioned to the dealer I was having it replaced witn a non original equipment top, the dealer suggested I was looking for trouble. I'm using a reputable company for the top replacement that says they've done many replacements on this model.

Thanks, Rick Hoevenaars

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
Hello Rick and welcome aboard!

Please try an 'advanced search' entering keywords 'top replacement' and you shall find many related topics of discussion including many details and information regarding the subject.

By the way where are you located? May I ask that you fill in your 'profile' including the model-year of your vehicle plus your geographic location. This will enable forum members to better assist with your current and future questions.

Thanks in Advance! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 SL500, 97 E420,
1,098 Posts
Does anybody have an experience replacing the convertible top on a 1993 600SL with a non MB original top. When I mentioned to the dealer I was having it replaced witn a non original equipment top, the dealer suggested I was looking for trouble. I'm using a reputable company for the top replacement that says they've done many replacements on this model.

Thanks, Rick Hoevenaars
The dealers full of caca, if you go to the top shop yourself he misses out on his inflated price.
The dealers aren't the only ones charging excessive prices to replace tops though, I know of one place who wants $2500 to replace the canvas tops.
It should be in the $650 to $800 range

·
Registered
1993 600SL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I figured he was wanting to keep a piece of the action. I'll update my profile with my location info and will post a pic of the car when the job is finished.

Rick

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
I have done it on my car without problems.

My top is US made and believe it or not it fits well. :D:D:D:D

Here is how it looks when I do the work.

Soft Top Change By Jocke

Jocke
Jocke:
Very Nice DIY Post
Thanks For Taking The Time To Post It,, Well Done
Thanks Again

Harley03joe :Smoker:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jocke:
Great pictures on your instructional.
I'm looking to replace my top also. Who is the manufacturer of the top you used? Did you buy it online?
Thanks,
Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts