Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Convertible top part

668 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  cdwatnsu
Before I bought the car, the top had been replaced. At the end of the bow's, there is a round knob that allows a plastic part to go over it and keep everything in place. The screw on plastic part that clips onto the ball is broken and each time I close the top, I have to stop half way and put the two parts together so that it closes properly and it's not pushing against the canvas when the top is closed.

I'm having a hard time identify the little screw on plastic part. Can anyone help so that I can order one?
1 - 3 of 7 Posts
Here are the ones on AutoHaus, if this is what you’re looking for. View attachment 2644971
Looks just like it. Thanks! It's for a throttle linkage though. I wonder if it can be removed from that part.
The first picture was the actual convertible top part, with the same screw on ball joint thing. Maybe order the two since they’re cheap and see which one works. I also have the part. Does your convertible top part look like that? I ordered the wrong one and have it for sale, if it matches yours.
Thanks. I'm going to check it out now. Definitely looks like the part. Mine is black and kind of seems like plastic. Cheap enough to just order both.
1 - 3 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.