Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Convertible top part

667 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  cdwatnsu
Before I bought the car, the top had been replaced. At the end of the bow's, there is a round knob that allows a plastic part to go over it and keep everything in place. The screw on plastic part that clips onto the ball is broken and each time I close the top, I have to stop half way and put the two parts together so that it closes properly and it's not pushing against the canvas when the top is closed.

I'm having a hard time identify the little screw on plastic part. Can anyone help so that I can order one?
1 - 4 of 7 Posts
Look on the left hand side of this and tell me if this is what you’re looking for. If so, I believe I saw them for sale on AutoHauz or Pelican Parts. My 1990 came with plastic but I got the metal ones after the plastic ones broke. I think they are similar ones to the ones on the throttle linkages as well.
See less See more
Here are the ones on AutoHaus, if this is what you’re looking for.
See less See more
The first picture was the actual convertible top part, with the same screw on ball joint thing. Maybe order the two since they’re cheap and see which one works. I also have the part. Does your convertible top part look like that? I ordered the wrong one and have it for sale, if it matches yours.
Yes. I ended up buying the whole part from M-B of Covington online and later found that AutoHaus had the sockets separately.
1 - 4 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.