Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 430 Cabriolet
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called Merc today to get a price on the hydraulic cylinder that's part of the soft top cover compartment locking mechanism (the part that rises up to store the soft top) and they accidently gave me the price for the hydraulic pump that serves as the main pump for all the hydraulics. Merc wants $2,940.00 for that pump. So for all of you cabriolet owners this is the ridiculous price. Fortunately, for me the part that I'm looking for is $198.00. Still expensive. Plus, I have to get the hydraulic fluid that cost $22.00. Oh, and for the cabriolets, the oil resevoir is in the same compartment as the latching mechanism that locks the soft top cover(where it locks once in position)

G

·
they accidently gave me the price for the hydraulic pump that serves as the main pump for all the hydraulics. Merc wants $2,940.00 for that pump.

Hmmm....if you think your price is a shocker, I wonder what you would think when my dealer quote me $5,500 (part only) for a rebuild instrument cluster on the CL 55 !! :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Called Merc today to get a price on the hydraulic cylinder that's part of the soft top cover compartment locking mechanism (the part that rises up to store the soft top) and they accidently gave me
It's probably too late - but see if you can find my posts on this. There is a guy named Dennis who will repair your bad hydraulic clinders for about $50. I had the cylinder on my "convertible lid" go bad, and shipped mine off to him to repair, no issues whatsoever.

His email is [email protected] - I was the first CLK part he had seen but turned out it was the same as one of the older hard top models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts