Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CLK350 Cabriolet
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's a nice day in Georgia today I put the top down and go to get some groceries and pick up mail. When I get home I start to put the top up and I see some smoke coming up and then the top quits moving. I get out of the car and there is hydraulic fluid everywhere, in the top lining, on my seat, on the drivers side rear seat belt.

So after I get the top squared away and finally get into the trunk the unit that holds the fluid is empty. So my question is where do I start to look where the line is that leaked the fluid into the passenger compartment, only on the drivers side.

Thanks for any input.

2009 CLK350 Sport
W209

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,463 Posts
Its probably a leak in the cylinder inside the rood that locks it to the wind shield. There are more than a few posts about this in the forum where people have detailed the repair. The big challenge is trying to remove it with all the lines attached. An option is to cut the lines, and then use a repair kit to reattach the lines. I'd suggest getting in touch with Klaus at Top Hydraulics for parts and help.

·
Registered
2009 CLK350 Cabriolet
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks will get in touch with Klaus. What should I search for to see the previous posts?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,463 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CLK350 Cabriolet
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got a chance to disassemble the top and it was the front windshield cylinder, cleaned up all the fluid and now waiting for my new cylinder from Klaus. His videos on doing this work are outstanding. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts